• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-105A2 Tailgate Rack Needed

glcaines

I just picked up an M-105A2 at Ft Riley. I got very lucky as the trailer is virtually perfect. The only thing is that the rear tailgate rack is missing. Any suggestions as to where I might find one?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was in the Army for several years before I was leafing thru a M105A2 trailer TM and saw that you can put a rack on the tailgate. All the M105's I saw at Ft Hood in those years, I never saw one with a tailgate rack.

That being said, the front rack is interchangeable with the rear.

glcaines

Yes, I'm in Hiawassee, GA which is located in the Northeast part of the state in the mountains. That would be great if you had one available. Thanks.

KsM715

Pics of the near perfect 105 please. :-D Im near Ft riley and would like to see which one you got. Ive seen some very nice and some not so nice 105's there lately.

glcaines

Here are photos of the trailer. I saw a lot of other trailers at Ft Riley and some were good and many were not so good. GL told me that I got one of the best of the group. I towed the M-105A2 home with my Ford F-150 with a 5.0 L engine / 5 speed manual. I didn't have any problems towing the trailer. It pulled very well and braking was not a problem. Top speed on hills was limited, however. Both truck and trailer were empty.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks