• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 1078 front toe spec

Xengineguy

Supporting Vendor
Just for fun today I checked the toe on my 2001 m1078. Using 54” of 1x1 box tubing on each side, pushed up to the tire. I measured 1 3/8” of toe in. I thought
that seems like a lot of toe in, so I changed it to 3/8” toe in. Had to adjust the steering link to align the steering wheel. Drives the same. Maybe will get better
tire wear??

Ronmar

Chapter 13-5 in the manual has a horrible description of measuring toe-in(says to install the gauge at the bottom, measure there then roll the vehicle forward, which would put the gauge on the back side and probably in conflict with the driveshaft), but it states toe-in should be between 0-1/8”…

Wingnut13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With all my off road trucks with larger tires I’ve run 1/8”. This was based on my friends recommendation. Seems to always work, hands off down the road with big tires. Sounds like that might work on these trucks too!

Last edited:

Xengineguy

Supporting Vendor
I’m all my off road trucks with larger tires I’ve run 1/8”. This was based on my friends recommendation. Seems to always work, hands off down the road with big tires. Sounds like that might work on these trucks too!
In the past I’ve run 1/8” toe in, also with good results. The tire size and the length of the tubes needed to get around them
made me settle on the 3/8” Not saying it’s correct but it has got to be better than 1 3/8”. 🙂🙂

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks