• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m-1078 tow rig?

rockcrawler101

Im looking for something different for a tow rig. Right now i have a 2014 ram 2500 diesel and i hate the thing. It tows great but it keeps having problems and for a new truck that cost 75k its a joke. I was wanting to build something that could tow both my jeeps up to the rubicon. I have been thinking about getting a f600 4x4 but these things are so cool that its hard to pass one up. I live in California and was wondering how much one of these cost for registration? I have read that you can have 5000 pounds in the bed and tow 12000. This would work for me if i could do both. Put my grand cherokee in the bed at 4500 and tow the willys pickup at 7500 pounds with small trailer. I also have a large trailer that with both jeeps on it its around 17000 pounds. I was wondering if i could tow that behind it if i built a goose neck attachment. How much torque do these engines put out? Is there anything i need to do with smog on them? I would also be putting an exhaust brake in it. I am a heavy diesel mechanic and work on bus's with cummins so dont have much experience with the cat motors. I have read some bad things about the ones that came in the big chevys are these ones better?

wehring

Give me a call. I have built a gooseneck adapter and pull my 13,000 APC on a gooseneck with an M1078.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112