• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-1082 / S-280 Build: M-1082 Requires EUC??

Phoenix77

I consider my S-250 / M-1102 build a success; so much so we bought a civilian camper and I'm selling my labor of love... :rolleyes:

On to the next [dubious] project: M-1082 (LMTV Trailer) and S-280 Electrical Shelter.

I won the shelter from Albany, GA for stupid cheap: perfect condition (as best I could tell) and won it for $650 (🤯). I got a good deal (at the time, based on current, local demand in Fayetteville) on my S-250, and that cost me $925. Neither of these prices reflect the added total valuation fees, taxes etc.

At $650, it was "obvious" I had to purchase it. Granted, it was less obvious to my wife, but such are these things I guess...

Since I just purchased a 1995 Stewart & Stevenson M-1078 LMTV, it seemed like an essential accessory to play with while twiddling my thumbs for EUC approval. As one (1) thing tends to lead to three (3) others (at a minimum) in the MV "hobby", I realized I didn't want to monopolize the bed of my new toy with a large box since I lack capability to place and remove the S-280 at will.

Enter the M-1082... Suddenly Fayetteville has M-1082s for auction and I could tell the universe was giving me a sign, so I will be bidding on one.

GovPlanet says the M-1082 requires an EUC(?!). I have bought an M-105a2 and M-1102 with nary a whiff of an EUC, so why does the M-1082 require one? 🤔

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Some do. Some don't. Just like some LMTVs don't have one. Just certain ones have a different demil code

@fuzzytoaster has a few for sale that could hitch a ride to that area cheap.