• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-135 electrical

Stan Leschert

Could someone tell me which TM covers the 24v charging system on an 1956 M-135, and is it posted here? We went from a positive charge on the Amp meter to a slow discharge. I know that one of the batteries is suspect, ( and I do have 2 spares), but I would like to know more about the Voltage Reg, and the curcuit which deals with the generator. My partner, who actually owns the Big "M", is a mechanic, but we won't have time until after New Years' to try and dig into it. I appreciate your help. I'd love to take it up to the Legion for New Year's Eve and brag about how the Toy Drive went........Astounding! I'll post a full set of pictures later. Thanks.

badgmc56

Stan, The TM 9-8024 covers the charging system in detail. It has system tests and pictures showing where to connect test equipment. It also has wiring diagrams.

Stan Leschert

Just put a bid in. A hard copy is way more usefull on the work bench. I can't down load that TM from the resource section of this site. Gotta get the truck fixed. The New Years' thing won't happen unless I put a 3 KW genset and a 30 Amp charger in the box and leave it running!

Mind you, after a day of trickle charging, The Big "M" fired on the first crank! Now if I can just get that last screw of the Reg cover.....

Thanks, you guys have been so good and knowledgable. Helpfull too!

Last edited: