• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m-135 feed truck

madmachinistm1a1

Took some pics of Dad's feed truck over the weekend. '51 Jimmy with a John Deere chuck wagon, fuel injected chevy 350. Four speed with a 3 speed brownlite behind that. Been feedin cattle every winter since 1980. Had several upgrade's over the year's, new moter, complete brake overhaul, and deep lug 9.00-20's. A couple of week's ago he put on a brake booster for power brake's. Thought it would be neat to post pic's of a hard workin MV;-)

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That's neat.

What's a brownlite?

dragonwagon

I seen one of these sitting in a field locally 2 days ago , same cab fenders . Those are a GMC truck ? Gas power id imagine ?

I was working so i couldnt take time to check it out .

Gunfreak25

There's still so many of these old girls doing odd jobs all around the country. One member here picked one up fresh from liquidation here in Arizona, was in active service until 2007! Most are potato and grain trucks now a days though. Still, I think most would agree that a modified G749 still doing it's job today is better than an original G749 thats been rusting away in some woods for over 30 years.

What kind of booster did your father go with? Bet it was a Hydravac. Not many people want to go through the trouble of fabricating the original compressor onto a civilian engine, though I have seen some (including mine). A Hydravac is the easiest option, and by no means a bad one either!