• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-275 generator issue

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I drove the M-275 to Redstone the other day to pick up a van trailer and when I got back the batteries were dead.

This has been a recurring issue but since the old TLs were still in it when I got it I had replaced them hoping it was not the generator.

Well Murphy had his way with me so now I am torn between trying to find an original 25 amp Prestolite generator (has the cannon plug connection on top) and replacing the genny with an alternator.

My preference is to keep the truck as original as possible but I like the availabilty of replacement parts.

I understand that to replace the genny several other things have to be changed so any input would be appreciated.

Anybody know a source for a replacement genny?

Anybody done a civy alternator swap into a deuce?

ARDUECE

i think i might have one left. i'll check tomorrow.. i just sold one last week for $100. i got 2 m35s with alts. one i purchesed from the guy on ebay. works great on went on great. the other is on a parts truck thats kinda rigged on.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a conversion harness that connects the 60A alternator to the 4 pin cannon plug that plugs into the 25A regulator. I think TJ Murray has them. I did that on my '66 M275A2.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sarafan had NOS ones listed for either 100 or 125. I have 1 or 2 laying around too. Will be in GA through tomorrow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks