• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 38A1 Dauntless?

tamangel

from Wiki (yeah, yeah, I know...)

"In 1965, Kaiser bought the casting rights to the Buick 225 cu in (3.7 L) V6 Dauntless and the CJ-5 and CJ-6 got a new engine with 155 hp (116 kW) supplementing the Willys Hurricane engine."

no mention of M38 use..

Mike

Last edited:

tjcouch

Not an answer to your question . . . but I have the Dauntless in my 67 CJ - what a neat engine - it is the only Jeep I have ever owned that can get out of its own way. Love it!

Attachments

Last edited:

S&S

My first Jeep was a '68 J-3000 that had a 327 Vigelante. Pretty much the V-8 version of the dauntless. LOTS of busted drive shafts and diffs but man was that truck ever fun:driver:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The M38A1 only used the Willys F-head engine.

saddamsnightmare

February 4th, 2010.

AH YES! Remember back when the only thing on a Jeep that was a "Jeep" item was the tailgate and two front quarter panels???? Kaiser Jeep and later AMC made a great point of buying drive train components from as many different suppliers as they could. I remember a late sixties or early 70's Commando that had a Chrysler engine, a Buick transmission, Dana axles, radiator by Chevrolet, and electricals by Delco, all from the factory and a real pain to find parts for it, due to nothing being simply from one supplier.....GEEZ.

I don't miss those days, though the Daimler Chrysler Jeeps don't see to be really well thought out either.

Good luck, have fun, but Uncle didn't go much for V-6's in his Jeeps......

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan.:driver:

NB Is that M- something that Robin Williams gets picked up in at the airport in "Good Morning Vietnam" a civillian jeep or not? Note the higher hood and grill reflective of a six cylinder application, typical of civillian models?????:mrgreen: