• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-52a2 air tank sludge

63Wfirefighter

Ive been doing a lot of work to get everything fixed on our fire departments M52a2. One issue I have run into is that there seems to be a lot of sludge coming from the drain valve on the air tanks under the drivers step. I spent 2 yrs in the army working on trucks like this and haven't seen anything other than water and rust come out of these tanks. Do I have a serious issue goin on with the air system and if so what do I need to do to correct it? I don't have any manuals for this truck yet and don't have the time to look it up in the online manuals right now so any info would be appreciated.

dittle

Sludge, as in water mixed with rust type sludge or oil blow-by coming from the compressor type of sludge?

runk

Try cleaning /replacing the air inlet filter, too much inlet restriction increases the engine oil sucked into the compressor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks