• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-52A2 spin on oil filters?

63Wfirefighter

Ive seen that some of the Multifuel engines can be fitted with a spin on oil filter kit and was curious if there is a kit for the M-52A2 engine and if there is where can I get one?

krall

I am not trying to be stupid, but what is the original method of putting on a filter if the spin on is the upgrade? how do you have to put them on now? sorry I know this is of no help to you but was just curious.

JDToumanian

what is the original method of putting on a filter if the spin on is the upgrade?
The original filter housings are held on with a bolt, you remove the housing, discard the element inside, clean the housing and install a new element. Spin-ons are faster, more convenient, less messy and also have the advantage of an anti-drainback valve in them to help speed oil pressure upon start up.

spin on filters are great . on my m52a2 and the old canister filters did not always seam to drain back to the motor all the time so I would think the oil level was low . being new to the truck I was not sure of how much this motor actually used . with the spin ons they hold the oil and the oil level is on the full mark all the time . and no leaks like the old canisters .

Heavy Hooker

I have installed many sets of the spin-on filter conversion kits. These are in my opinion the best and should be the first upgrade done to the Multifuel engine. I my 40 years of working on these engines the initial oil starvation on a cold engine has counted for over half of the catastrophic engine failures. These kits significantly increase the speed in which the engine receives full oil pressure. At temps below zero it could almost be a minute before oil pressure came up. With the Spin-on kits that time is cut by up to 3/4 of the time of the old canisters. Jatonka's kits are of top notch quality, easy to install and add many hours of life to your mulifuel engine.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shoot Westfolk a PM as well. He puts out great stuff at a very good price. I have all of his spin ons on my truck and have never had an issue. Install so easy my young son did it while I "supervised".

Billy Bobbed

I got my new filter kit and decided to paint them.To me the aluminum adapters and black oil filters doesnt look as good as the olive drab.Looks more factory,but I did put the stickers back on the filters.Cant wait to put them on but its raining out.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks