• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-66 mounts

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have any idea what is in the cab reinforcement kits for the M-66? Is it necessary if the 50 cal isn't up there alot??? Also I can't find the manual anywhere, any ideas?

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
The reinforcment is likely due to the 80+ weight of the weapon waving around on top of those three poles - more specifically, its probably due to the recoil of firing Ma Deuce, both in terms of preventing damage to the cab, and minimizing dispersion of the fired rounds.

The info on this is in a PM magazine article, which I have, but it'll be a week before I get home. Maybe someone else in the group can point you toward it.

Hope this helps,
David Doyle

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
There is an old thread here where one of our member's posted pics of his cab reinforcement plates-from the looks of them, I don't think it would be too difficult to fabricate some reinforcement plates of your own.

ANd the recoil is significant-look at the video posted in the gallery.

ida34

That is my pics. Look under my photo album. They are still there. If you have a brake you should not have a problem with making them. They are their because the cab started cracking without the reiforcement. Most of the time they just sit without the 50 on them in the rear so I would say you should put it in if you are installing the ringmount. I am looking at one now.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found it in the 20P figure 318. It looks easy to make especially if you had an example. I did not think the back piece was just 1 big plate. I don't suppose anyone has a rusted out cab with one of these for a stencil to make some more????

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have an origional one for measurements? Looking for specifically, thickness and height. Wonder if there are any at Howards?? I have a line on making some if I could get an example for them.

ida34

I am pretty busy right now but when I get a free second I can try to make up a drawing with dimensions for you.

Chuck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks