• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 911's at Chambersburg on sale

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am waiting to see how high these guys go but I bet GL 77008500 is lurking in the bidding. There are a lot of them so it will be interesting to see if any SS guy gets one.

http://web.govliquidation.com/auction/endecaSearch?Ntt=USPA|2320|2765|2320010253733&Ntk=P_Auction_Country_State|P_FSC_Code|P_Event_Id|P_NSN&Ntx=mode+matchany|mode+matchany|mode+matchany|mode+matchany&N=0&Nty=1&Ns=Lot%20Number|0&location_munged=US_PA&FSCCode=2320&event_munged=2765&NSN=2320010253733&perPage=30&cmd=keyword

westfolk

Something Chambersburg and some other bases do. Drain everything. I mean everything. If it's a fluid they drain it. Have never been given a good answer to why it's done.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've also seen fluids drained from vehicles at Letterkenny that were awaiting a rebuild (MA NG trucks), but were cut loose. These were all on one sale. Every one of them was an M35A2...and the one guy I know that got one found metal shards in the oil pan. I am not trying to discourage anyone from bidding. I am going to...although I agree with CUCVFAN...they will go crazy. I'd be shocked if they go for around $20K.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know the EPA is very "interested" in what gets spilled in the DRMO yards and watches them closely. That's why you see so many trucks with pans under the engines in GL pictures. If the trucks have small leaks and they let them leak into the soil, they are in deep doo-doo. I know farmers who have been forced to pay to have soil dug up and hauled to some "toxic waste area" in Wyoming (or some such place) or have it treated to clean it up because their tractor has been leaking a small amount of oil in that same spot for 30 years.

Ask the GL guys at the sites. They are very paranoid about it. They are VERY clear about you NOT spilling anything (oil, coolant, etc..). If you do, you better have a shovel to dig the dirt up and a bucket to put it in so you can take it with you. They are especially paranoid in the mid-Atlantic. You can't even drop rusty metal flakes out of a battery box onto the lot (even accidentally) without them telling you to clean that up before you leave (and watching you do it).

I suspect they just drain the fluids as a self-defense precaution for this reason. Maybe they get hassled less if that's their policy? Nevertheless, my concern is always that they drained all of the fluids and then flat towed the thing across the base to the DRMO yard with no fluids in it. Or, worse yet, some fool tried (and possibly succeeded) starting a truck that had no fluids and had several months of sitting for the fluids on the bearings and such to get funky... :(

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ask the GL guys at the sites. They are very paranoid about it. They are VERY clear about you NOT spilling anything (oil, coolant, etc..). If you do, you better have a shovel to dig the dirt up and a bucket to put it in so you can take it with you. They are especially paranoid in the mid-Atlantic. You can't even drop rusty metal flakes out of a battery box onto the lot (even accidentally) without them telling you to clean that up before you leave (and watching you do it).
When Mike and I were at FT Drum, Mikes deuce was leaking trans. oil from a bad pto seal. The Gl guy saw it and said "Whats that! You need to clean that up before you leave". We swept up the oil and dirt into a bucket before leaving. In reality, maybe a half a quart leaked on the ground. If i recall, he mentioned something about EPA hassles. BTW. The trucks at Ft Drum don't seem to be drained of their fluids. (sorry to get so off topic of original thread)

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Man, those 911's are beastly. I saw one up close at Memphis Equipment a few years back. Made my deuce look like a pick-up. It would be just the ticket for any of our members who have some armor to tote around though!

I see they have those nice quiet Detroit's too. :lol:

That may be the longest URL I have ever seen in a post here at SS David :wink:

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
My M35A2C was an ex-MA NG truck that I purchased from Chambersburg had its fluids. All the other trucks that I saw around there around september had fluids too.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What the real deal is with the EPA and the Military,and this came from a EPA inspector I met with when I was in the Army.. The EPA goes after the mil because they WILL pay the fines.. With private business, if the fine is big or they dont want to pay, the business goes OUT of business, and the Superfund type pots of $ pay to clean up the mess. Private businesses can debate the fine, go to court, ect.. The military is an easy target with deep pockets,. and they cant go to court.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks