• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-925 with "MOTOR" painted on the windshield...

91W350

We picked up a nice M925 a couple of rounds ago and when it came in, in white letters it had/has motor painted on the driver's windshield. The oil was/is clean, the coolant nice and green with nothing floating in it or signs of oil. It fires right off and seems to run great, carries a little under 90 pounds of oil pressure, has no knocks, does not get hot when driven or allowed to idle for extended periods. I cannot figure out what is up, unless somebody was trying to help a friend get one cheap at auction. I found the depot paperwork inside, 5 hours and 22 miles since it went through the depot. Any ideas? I hate to sell it if I am missing something. Glen

91W350

I'm a little suspect of an oil gauge that never wavered at all. That oil pressure needs to be confirmed.
I have some 800 series gauges, it would not take long to plumb one in and run a line around the fender to the windshield so a guy could watch it. No noises though, nothing at all to indicate low oil pressure. It comes up at a normal rate as well. I will give that a check..... Thanks!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe it was someone's way of saying 'new motor' as an 'inside hint' for a friend, hoping everyone else would think 'bad motor'. Just a guess.

91W350

Maybe it was someone's way of saying 'new motor' as an 'inside hint' for a friend, hoping everyone else would think 'bad motor'. Just a guess.
We talked about that too, somebody ran it quite a bit higher than the other M925s we bought that day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks