• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 931 Water leak around windshield

Goinmxn

I've searched and not found any info to help me so I'll seek expert advice here;)
I have noticed that my windshield leaks a fair bit of water around the edges when driving in the rain on both my 931s and would like to know if there is a remedy for this. The seals look to be in ok shape, should I add a second automotive type seal here or would a new oem seal do the trick? The same goes for he side windows, they seem to gap at speed. My thought is just a better seal on the cab for this.
Thanks!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They all do this, the only sure fix is to caulk the windshield seal closed tight.

Artisan

This is like saying; " I voted for a demoblican, but I now see they lied!"

Yep..."IT" happens, ALWAYs.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I simply lay a rag along the bottom seal when it rains.

It gets soaked and stays put. It drips, but stops the water from blowing on me.

If you scroll down the page, you can read more threads on this(that should have come up with a search)

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
:tigger:''

On my first deuce I siliconed around the windows. Kept out the water but it prevented me from opening the windows when necessary.
I been driving military vehicles since 1973 and most of them leak in one or more places.
It just goes with the territory.

Powershift

Foam tape, with a peel off sticker back, worked well on my truck. It stopped annoying wind whistle, and water intrusion.