• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 936 wrecker batteries

Precision Towing

What are the batteries in a M936? 8d or individual batteries, I just got two M936's the other day. And also need to know how to tow a damaged truck with it without towbar or wheel lift like my C class pete 379 jerr dan bed has.

emr

All 939 series trucks have the same batts, same as the 809 and older 5 tons, 4 batts,...a single 24 volt batt will work 2 12 volt batts will work, 24 volts is 24 volts. there are so many threads on towing em and batterys and care, u might want to do a search then ask the questions U have left, I think u will get more info that u can use that way,

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Unless it is colder that an Eskimo's hind end two high CCA batteries will crank the 250 Cummins unless you have an issue that causes you to drain the batteries.

I put two Tractor Supply high CCA batteries in my last M915 (400 Cummins) and never had an issue with it cranking.

If you go with the original four battery set up make sure you have them wired correctly or you will fry something.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks