• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M.o.m. M944a1

bchauvette

I am starting this thread to conical my adventure with M.O.M. "Mother of MOG" part of a package along with a 5 ton trailer and S.E.E. Tractor. M.O.M. is in primo condition. DA MOG not so much

The major project with her is to convert her to a pop up camper using the "Do NO Harm" philosophy. This will be my third RV conversion. This one will be much more spartan and utilitarian than the first two conversions. Here are my prime conversion rules to design around. 2 Full size twin beds, Toilet, Hot & Cold water, Shower, heat, air conditioning. sink, cooking, fridge. This conversion will not have custom wood cabinets draws and counters but basic frames and slide out bins. Bins are much more efficient than cabinets and draws. No pre finished paneling. But will have to insulate, possible spray foam. All the stuff in front, cabinets, power panel, shelves, compressed air tank will remain intact. The AC power stuff will stay. The entire back of the truck flips up. Can you imagine backing up to a lake or on the beach opening up the back sitting on the back porch enjoying some brew-skies (or is it brewskys) :beer:after a hard day of MOG off roadin?

I am also looking foward to doing volenteer work with the package.

I am in the process of getting a public album together named, can you guess? M.O.M

bchauvette

My neighbor needed a ride about a mile down the street. I'm sure all of you would agree that this was a job for M.O.M. (M944A1). I was working out of her on the MOGster and she was completely opened. Se we spent the 15-20 minutes putting stuff away ,closing it and airing up. We went via Wal-Mart which is 5 miles beyond our destination. Driving right past the Wal- main entrance, making sure I stop for people that even look like they want to cross. During the drive I mentioned how uncomfortable the seat was. So he gave me a Freightliner Air Seat!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks