• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M series generator output

Gunfreak25

I took it down to my alternator shop to see if they could test it and find out if it still works after all these years. He put it on the little machine (1300rpm) and said it was putting out a whopping 36 volts!

Is this normal? Will the original Delco Remy regulator be able to drop that down to the proper 24V?

Gunfreak25

Yes sir, that it be. I spent today going over every wire and found everything to be in great condition, nothing spliced or hacked and only a few clips here and there when the old 302 was removed. It will be PIE getting it back to 24V and the Oldsmobile points ignition should do fine on a converter.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks