• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M100 24v to 12v conundrum

accusedslacker

Okay, so I have scoured the threads and have another question. It seems to me the easiest way to hook the trailer up to my Jeep would be to get an adapter:Military Trailer Adapter Cable (Civilian Trailer on a Military Vehicle), X-6035 then switch out the 24v bulbs for 12v bulbs. However, I plan on switching out the axle to an aftermarket one with electric brakes. I know the 7-blade has a blade for electric brakes but it doesn't look like the 12 pin does. How do I make the connectors cooperate with each other or would I be better off running a whole new 12v 7-blade harness and scraping the 24v harness? Or am I way off base and there is a much easier plan? Thanks, Mike

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are going to swap the axle you may as well change the harness. It is a pretty small trailer for needing brakes though. M100's are getting harder to find in nice origional condition.

You can make those adapters if you have the rear cannon plug off a MV, run LED bulbs so it works both 12-24V and keep it original-if you can live without brakes. (it's what i'd do) 2cents