• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008/1009 Front Clevis Deminsions

Switchtower

Been looking for some clevis' since my m1009 didn't come with either the d rings or the clevis'.

The random ones I've found on eBay are unbelievably over priced so I though I would just make some from some retangle or square tube. From the pictures I've found, and based on the size of the pins on the d rings, the width is 1 1/4 inches, but the tube doesn't appear to be square so I'm guessing the height is not 1 1/4?

If someone can provide some dimensions, that would be awesome.

I'd consider purchasing some if anyone has any. :)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you considered placing an ad in the wanted section of the classifieds, or searching the parts for sale section?

Switchtower

98G you rock. Thank you sir.

doghead, thanks for your response as well. I did think about posting a wanted ad, but I was hesistant from the few auctions I came across on eBay.

the skull

I have a pair of 5 ton shackles on my M1008, they look and fit nice.
Bought them from the classifieds here. Faster, cheaper, and easier
than a fabrication. Someone might have some at the Findlay meet,
Maybe????

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks