• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1008 24v on buss bar?

cadillacben

I'm wiring in a brake controller and only need to supply my 12v source. I thought the buss bar on the firewall was supposed to be 12v, but when I test that to a chassis ground I'm getting 24v. If that's right, where (aside from the front battery) can I get 12v? It needs to be a direct source, but direct to the battery is less desired.

cucvrus

Hook it into the brake light switch wire right up under the dash at the brake pedal. Get it on the side coming out that triggers the brake lights. And if you need more 12 volt use the small 12 volt stud on the drivers side fire wall under the hood on the inside left of the brake resevoir. Good Luck.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
cucvrus;1737213[COLOR=#ff0000 said:
]Hook it into the brake light switch wire right up under the dash at the brake pedal. Get it on the side coming out that triggers the brake lights
cucvrus;1737213[COLOR=#ff0000 said:
[/COLOR]. And if you need more 12 volt use the small 12 volt stud on the drivers side fire wall under the hood on the inside left of the brake resevoir. Good Luck.
T

The brake controller needs dedicated constant power to power the controller . There is a wire from the controller to the brake light side of the switch to activate the brake lights from the controller .

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks