• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 alternator case broke

homegrown

So I have been having problems with my gen 1 alternator, I searched on here and looked through all the threads and came to the conclusion that it needed rebuilt, I ordered a rebuild kit from spring hill in florida and it came in yesterday, I pulled into my friends garage last night and when i took it off the truck the rear case came off in 2 piece, it appears to have been put on by the previous owner that way. There is a huge split running up to the rear shaft bearing and then to the passanger side of the alternator. bottom line is the thing is now un-usable..

So my question is does anyone have and extra alternator that they wanna get rid of?

I really wanna stick with the 27si and do not wanna go with the caddy alternator.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I have been having problems with my gen 1 alternator, I searched on here and looked through all the threads and came to the conclusion that it needed rebuilt, I ordered a rebuild kit from spring hill in florida and it came in yesterday, I pulled into my friends garage last night and when i took it off the truck the rear case came off in 2 piece, it appears to have been put on by the previous owner that way. There is a huge split running up to the rear shaft bearing and then to the passanger side of the alternator. bottom line is the thing is now un-usable..

So my question is does anyone have and extra alternator that they wanna get rid of?

I really wanna stick with the 27si and do not wanna go with the caddy alternator.

Contact HAWKMAN. He has some good takeoffs. And the price is right.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could buy a used case from a local repair shop. You can easily modify it to use with the isolated ground stud.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks