• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Antenna Selections

rcb

My latest M1008 from GL has a radio rack in the bed, antenna mounts on passenger side both front and rear. Can anyone tell me which antennas
were used and at what location front or rear ??
Thanks...
Bob

ONTOS66

Photos would help. Could be the older VRC-12 family of radios or the newer SINCGARS family of radios.

Are there any cable with the radio rack? The various types of radios do not share the same cables, so that could be a clue. Is there a radio mount in the rack? The type of mount would tell a lot as well.

As to the antenna - depends on type of radio. Also within the different families of radios some transmit and receive and others are aux. receivers. Two different types of antennas again.

Photos would help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks