• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1008 auxliry fuel tank

panzerwillie

I help my brother hook up a M35 fuel tank on his CUCV about a month ago he uses to pump fuel to the main tank , it work out easy using the deuce and half fuel tank and pump and i just hook it up t the over flow line and its being working good, he just watches the gauge and when low just turn on the switch and watch it fill the main tank hes happy here are some pictures
IMAG0163.jpg

IMAG0164.jpg

IMAG0165.jpg

IMAG0166.jpg

IMAG0167.jpg

IMAG0168.jpg

OL AG '89

Great install, BUT.....
Some states don't allow this type of "open" system....
I hooked an aux tank to my GMC 3500, but it is isolated from the main tank by an electric valve. The installer explained that Texas does not allow an aux tank, without isolation from the main tank. The issue apparently is an uncontrolled fuel spill in a crash.
If he forgets to turn off valve, the same situation exists....

panzerwillie

thats why we live in florida but also it needs to be pump out even if you pull the hose off it does not free flow, and there is electric valve sitting on the table for install that will work with the pump switch COL:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks