• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Bed Additions?

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The truck below is pretty much how I got it from the AR National Guard, except for the lift and tires/wheels. Since I have had it the bed cover has come in handy as a catch all. A couple of weeks ago I cleaned it out to use it as a camper at the KAMO rally. I have not seen many other beds so I am curious about what is standard in the bed and what has been added. The cover was on the truck when the guard got it as a hand me down from the regular army. It also has a slave cable receptical cover on the passenger side bed wall as well as a slave cable type power cable in the passenger side front of the bed. There is also a three inch and one inch hole cut in the front of the bed just behind the driver side. It has locations for four antenna mounts but only the front two have access holes cut in the bed. And there are eight eye bolts in the bed floor in front of and behind the wheel well. The NG guys told me they think the truck was used out west as a FAC radio truck, which I think it was used in a dry climate southern climate since it has zero rust on it. Any ideas?

DSCN0427.jpgDSCN0425.jpgDSCN0424.jpgDSCN0423.jpgDSCN0429.jpgDSCN0428.jpg

86m1028

That's an M1008A1
It also had a radio rack in the back
(along the frt of the bed)

Edit: Nice looking truck by the way.
How much lift ? Looks to be about 4in ?

Do a search on your trucks nsn #, should give you info on it.

Last edited:

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't know there was an A1 version to the 1008? I added a 3.5 inch lift to accommodate the 37 inch tires with a 2.5 inch spacers for clearance. I will see if I can find the differences. I have a pretty complete parts truck I may go out and have a look at it as well.
IMG_0581.jpg

86m1028

Yeah, 1 of the ones (m1008a1) I have, has the floor loops, troop seats, radio rack, 4 antenna mounts, power cord & bow set.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks