• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Brake line set?

billybatts299

My CUCV (1986 M1008) front Right brake hose rusted through. I was able to get calipers, pads, hoses from my local advanced auto parts. However I want to get a pre bent brake line set. The truck is very rusty. LMC has sets however they say they only carry 1/2 & 3/4 ton parts and I should verify the 3/4 ton will work. What do you guys think? Do you know of a better option?

Any info you have on fuel lines would help, for that is my next project.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

cucvrus

You can make one fairly easy. You will need a double flaring tool. I think you can borrow a tool like that from an auto parts store. The one ton is unique with the extended brake hose brackets on the frame. Good Luck. I am fairly close if you need one made.

cucvrus

Did you order brake hoses for a 1984 Chevrolet K30 pickup? If you ordered them for a 1/2 or 3/4 ton they will not fit. This is a 1 ton truck. The calipers and banjo fittings are unique to the 1 ton truck. Good Luck. Report back. Get good quality stuff. While you are in there I would change the master cylinder, calipers and the rear wheel cylinders. Do it now and avoid the hassle later. Report back.

billybatts299

Thanks buddy, I did order K30 stuff and double checked the calipers and pads while i was there. I will pull the old lines out and fab up some myself. Just thought it would be easier to install pre bent like i did on my 72 c10.

eme411

Steel Soldiers Supporter
with the pre bent line kits you need to order the kit for the 1 ton dually , Think the place I got mine from was Interline , I installed the stainless kit,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks