• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Bumper on M1010

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone tried this mod? The reason I'm asking is that I'd like to have a pintle hitch to tow my M101A1 and figured this would be the easiest route. Any issues other than the steps (which with a "step" bumper I could live without)?

m38inmaine

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The ambulance frame has a welded frame extension. This can be seen easily underneath. The original rear bumper mounting holes are all there. When I converted my M1010 to a PU I just cut off the extension and mounted the original bumper. Not sure how it would work with the M1010 extension. Would it be possible just to mount the pintle to the bumper as is?

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My K30 dually has a transplanted M1010 frame underneath. If you cut off the frame extension will the M1008 bumper clear the ambulance body though?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know about any of the measurements as I haven't gotten my vehicle yet.

Is the plate that goes across the back of the 1010 strong enough to mount the pintle to? Maybe sister a heavier plate across the back mounted to the frame?

K9Vic

I know this is an older post, but I am looking for ideas to add a hitch to my M1010. Did you ever get one installed on yours? I was thinking that maybe you can add the pictured adapter to the bottom side of the M1010 rear bumper. Bolt it in place and then weld it as well, then place some heave bars/brackets to help reinforce it. Not going to be towing anything heavy as I have a M1028 for that, just a M101A2 trailer at times for show. So it does not have to be super heavy duty.

Sorry about the crude photo shop, but that at least gives the idea where I want to install this.

Attachments

my m1010 just has a regular Reese-style hitch receiver mounted underneath. ive towed a 22ft dovetail 14k cap. flatbed with no issues, and as long as the hitch or rack isnt in place, it doesnt interfere with the step. ill have to check, but you may be able to see it in one of the pics in my profile album. if not, pm and ill take new and better ones.

acmunro

still standing still cyco, Would you mind taking a couple pics of the hitch you have installed on your M1010. Also if you know the model and brand that would be helpful. I would like to build a M1010 I have for towing. I would like to keep the step intact. Thanks in advance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks