• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1008 cab roll cage

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you look around the 4x4 sites, you will find those kits for sale.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw that auction. I did not like that particular roll cage. I may be incorrect, but it appears that he can't open his glove box.

Plus it takes up way too much room.

jim

dilvoy

I think cages are really good safety devices, especially when you consider how many ways you can be injured in a collision. I was rearended by a drunk driver while driving an M1008 at60 mph while towing an M101 type trailer. He went under the trailer and partially under the truck which caused my truck to roll over. I slid on the roof until leaving the highway and luckily went off the road backwards and slightly up an embankment, which removed much of the speed energy. The truck did roll 3 1/2 times to the side though. I and my passenger walked away with minor splinters in our hands from glass and had very stiff necks the next day. I think in this instance I would have been injured by the roll cage in the foto, but any one thing changed may alter the outcome so who knows. I just hate thinking of that M101A3 coming out of the sky and hitting my door on the last roll. :shock:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If anyone commits to a cage, make it worth your while and have it tied into the frame.

Towman2277

Recovry4x4 said:
If anyone commits to a cage, make it worth your while and have it tied into the frame.
Your 100% correct. Most inexperienced people install the cage to the thin sheet-metal floor pans that will only "giveway" in a roll-over when the cage is most needed!! Take the time to do it right, and you'll walk away in the event of a roll!!

Prerunner1982

Hope he doesnt plan on taking off his dash or instrument cluster either. As far as the sunvisors.. there are some mounted to the roll bar. I agree roll cages are a great investment, I would rather have it go down the front speaker holes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks