• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Exhaust System

stuinnh

Hi all!
I need to replace my exhaust system. Meineke will do it for $350. But, he wants to end pipes in front of the rear tires pointed down. Any problems with doing it this way? :?:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a friend that did his like that, and it's louder than mine is with the stock setup behind the rear wheels. He likes mine better!

Coal Cracker

Dynomax makes a kit for a gas truck, if my recollection is correct it'll bolt right up to a 6.2.

I've used the kit on my fleet of plow trucks, 350 gassers and they come out in the rear at the stock location. They looked good and worked great, fit together nicely, and I only paid $225.00 per kit, turbo mufflers included.

Midnight Rider

If you point the ends down, yes it is going to be louder then if you point the ends out to the sides or the back. That is only if they are in the same location.

Anytime you angle your ends down, it's going to be louder. You can really notice it, if you drive over a concrete bridge. When pointed down the sound bounces off of the pavement and back at you.

If you let the ends come out in front of the rear wheels, closer to the cab, then that will be louder as well, to you the driver that is.