• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 front axle question

reaper556

Sorry if this isn't the exact thread where this question should go. Im going next weekend to pick up my first m1008, could someone tell me the width of the front axle hub tip to hub tip. My friend is going to loan me a trailer to pick it up with but im concerned about it fitting on the trailer since it has pipe sides about a foot high around it and I figure down low the hubs will be the widest portion of the truck

reaper556

81.2 is the military dimension, I wouldn't think they would give that measurement to then have an additional "bit" sticking out.
I suppose you are correct, I was putting a bit too much thought into that dimension .:doh: With the mirrors folded the hubs would be the widest portion of the truck. Thanks [thumbzup]

nyoffroad

Take along a couple of 2"x8" as long as the trailer, that would 'lift' the truck 1.5" if you need the extra height. Good luck and chain it down well!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks