• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Fuse Block

sschaefer3

The fuse block on my truck has some broken off terminals where the fuses slide in. It looks like many years ago the fuses bonded to the brass holders they slide into and when someone went to remove the fuses they took the actual brass holders along with them.

Anyone know where to get a used M1008 fuse block or how to repair the damaged one I have? I did hunt these GM fuse block terminals down and bought some but I have not dove in.

GM Fuseblock Female Terminal 10 Pcs

ODdave

i have had the fuse blocks melt. Replaced the harness. there should be some member on here with donar trucks. Let us know how the terminal replacment turns out ![thumbzup]

dependable

It is possible to replace the terminals. If I remember correctly, you need to use something like a jeweler's screwdriver to push down the tabs to remove old terminals. I would take the time to remove fuse box enough so you are not working under dash. I would use a dab of solder on new terminals rather than relying only on the crimp. Good luck.

IdahoPlowboy

i have had the fuse blocks melt. Replaced the harness. there should be some member on here with donar trucks. Let us know how the terminal replacment turns out ![thumbzup]
I have a little melt at my wiper fuse and it is driving me crazy I dont want to replace the whole fuse block if I dont have too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks