• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Hard starting afer sitting few days

jimmyjimwas

Hi, One great site and members...
Ok have done some research on this, and my question is IF it is the fuel pressure switch which i always read about allowing air into the fuel can you just replace the o ring or what ever the seal is. Or is it one unit . I have not removed the switch,.I also will check replace the fuel lines from the fuel housing.Now also are these fuel lines standard fuel lines sold at the auto parts or are there better ones to get?
Is there anything else i should look at to solve the problem.. Great if you can help
The m1008 starts great when you drive it daily...

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not sure, but I think you can get away with just swapping the o-ring.
Others will chime in I'm sure.

jimmyjimwas

OK thanks on the o ring replacement and the really not needed posts , also I read to clean the check valve is that the black button on the top of fuel housing ..
What does this just unscrew and clean ok to use brake cleaner? or this wouldn't have no effect on the issue on hard starting ?
Also someone posted that these tend to have a crack in the housing is there a specific place to look on the housing...

Gripy

Most of the fuel filter bases will leak from the fuel pressure sensor area. But you don't need this sensor (its only used via the diagnostic port on measured the pressure to see if it is time to change the filter; I just change my filter every 10k miles). I used JB weld putty to block off the hole. Its been holding for a couple of years now.

cucvrus

I have never seen a fuel filter base cracked. I always replaced the pressure switch when it went bad/leaking. Now that I know it is not needed. I had one leaking and ran a self tapping screw into the hole. I used the Permatex the right stuff as a sealant and it has been working fine. I still never had any problems with the fuel filter base as far as cracks. I hope that helps you out, Good Luck. The black screw on top is to bleed the air from the filter assembly after a fuel filter change.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks