• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 in the netherlands

rjager

Hi all,

I am following this forum some time now, lots of good info. Because I am dutch I dont always understand the technical terms but hee I learn :)

I have a M1008 for several years now. Currently I am restoring it, the climate here creates rust fast. I really like the truck.

I am thinking about several mods.
Thinking about adding a banks turbo( With the dollar<=>euro conversion they are rather cheap) and a dual tank setup.

Regarding the turbo. Cars over here have to be tested yearly. For a diesel one of the test is running it full throttle for 10 sec to measure emissions. Can the engine handle that with a turbo installed?
Milage is 30k

I also thought about a lift or bigger tires but that has to wait because i have about 1 inch left when parking the car inside.

Attachments

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Welkom op de website. Ik weet niet hoe het antwoord op je vraag maar ik heb willen heten u van harte welkom.

Waar woont u? Heel lang geleden heb ik een bezoek aan Arnhem, Overloon, Eindhoven en Nijmegen.

medlog

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: M1008 in the netherlands

medlog said:
Welkom op de website. Ik weet niet hoe het antwoord op je vraag maar ik heb willen heten u van harte welkom.

Waar woont u? Heel lang geleden heb ik een bezoek aan Arnhem, Overloon, Eindhoven en Nijmegen.

medlog
medlog, is this real Dutch? Call me skeptical, but the first sentence doesn't look right, it looks bastardized, like this guys Swedish language:

Bork bork bork!

Attachments

Crash_AF

Re: RE: M1008 in the netherlands

maddawg308 said:
medlog, is this real Dutch? Call me skeptical, but the first sentence doesn't look right, it looks bastardized, like this guys Swedish language:

Bork bork bork!
You dare question the great and all knowing medlog???

rofl

Later,
Joe

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: M1008 in the netherlands

I'm not questioning him. I'm questioning his Dutch. :)

Nice looking M1008 by the way.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor

Maddawg,

Hoe durf je de vraag al weten Carnac? Je vraag me omdat je masturberen te veel.
:lol:
medlog

You can beg rjager to tell you what that means. :lol: :lol:

btw, this is what my original message said.
Welcome to the website. I don't know the answer to your question but I want to welcome you.

Where do you live? A long time ago I visited Arnhem, Overloon, Eindhoven and Nijmegen.

AJMBLAZER

Provided the engine is in good shape it shouldn't have any trouble going at max throttle for 10 seconds.

Nice truck btw. I know the pains of a short garage door also.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor

Is het mogelijk om LINE-X uw vrachtwagen? Er is een bericht over dit onderwerp op deze website. Zijn er winkels in Eindhoven de verkoop van deze coating? Dat zou moeten helpen met de rust. Ik weet hoe een aantal van de restrictieve wetten in Europa kan worden. Ik woonde er al meer dan 3 jaar. Als je niet kan kopen van de coating, zal ik graag leveren als u betalen voor mijn vlucht en hebben een plaats voor mij om te verblijven voor een week of twee weken. (lacht luid)

:)

rjager

Het wordt niet in eindhoven verkocht.
Ik verwijder de roest en gebruik dan Owatrol samen met een industrie lak er over heen. Wordt bij schepen en landbouw voertuigen gebruikt en werkt goed.

Een vriend heeft een stoomtractor uit 1880 op die manier opgeknapt 15 jaar geleden en nu nog steeds geen roest.

JohnFire

Any one else lost? LOL Welcome to the site! I personally miss being in europe. You have a beautiful country. Also the only one I was ever actually pulled over in, and it wasn't when I was driving the M1009. Which surprisingly managed to sqeeze through the streets and alleys of Amsterdamn a few times. I have a banks on the M1009 but I am not sure I have had it at full throttle since they don't have an rpm gauge in it. I have had my foot buried in it for more than ten seconds, and have had the needle buried a few times more than I would like. I kinda would look down and realize what speed I had it at. I will be happy to answer any questions I can, and depending on Medlog's Dutch he might be able to translate some if it.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor

If you don't mind...

Anyone else ever hear of Owatrol which is a rust proofing used in marine and the agriculture areas? Never heard of it.
We may have to import LINE-X to the Netherlands. Think I need to go do the intial set up. :D

We moeten foto's van de stoomtractor.

OK, to cut to the chase, where is the dude with the "THIS POST IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICTURES".

medlog

rjager