• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 just saved !

MAZ537

They want to part it out to sell the axles and the engine...
I pay this ammount and they give me the whole truck :mrgreen:

Missing items :

Radiator
Both alternators
Front headlight and cover
engine oil/breather cap
battery terminals
glow plug controller and harness
air filter housing
rear lights cover
rear door
brake fluid container

and a lot of small other things.

Some pictures as well :
No rust and no serious body damage

Anyone know what is this mount at the passenger side floor ???

Attachments

Last edited:

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know the song very well, CUCVRUS!! :-D

MAZ537: Congratulations on saving an M1008! It is definitely restorable and mostly complete. Don't feel bad about the radiator being MIA. Chances are you'd have to replace the sucker even if the truck had one. Plastic tanks always crack.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thomas Dolby. There is a story behind his name. Nice save, I love the truck. Bottom seat material / covers are available in the classifieds. Wood on troop seats is easily replaced with fiberglass.

Csm Davis

I know the song very well, CUCVRUS!! :-D

MAZ537: Congratulations on saving an M1008! It is definitely restorable and mostly complete. Don't feel bad about the radiator being MIA. Chances are you'd have to replace the sucker even if the truck had one. Plastic tanks always crack.
I have never seen a CUCV with plastic tanked radiator? Good save on the 1008.

cucvrus

I have several trucks with the original GM plastic and aluminum radiators in them. I prefer them to the copper and brass. Thats just me. But they do work well and are a lot lighter. Less weight better fuel mileage. :)
Not really but I do like them. They are expensive and were made by Harrison (Same as OEM supplier) direct replacements for the CUCV's.

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M1009 had an aluminum radiator with plastic tanks. I replaced it with a 4 core Modine brass beast. I had to modify the driver side mounting bracket to accommodate the larger sized radiator. I cut the bracket in the middle with a Dremel and welded a small piece of angle steel to it.

MAZ537

Thank you all for your support!

I am now in search for the following :

radiator , steering stabilizer , front / rear shocks

As I have ZERO experience with these trucks (but I love them) and also with the US based suppliers any lead it will be a huge help for me.

:beer::beer::beer: