• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 lift kit in France (or Europe)

SuBZero13

Hi there.

I would like to put a 4 inch lift kit on my M1008 in order to mount taller tires.

I am in France and the shipping costs are enormous from the USA, there is a shop in Germany that offers this kit:

I only ride on the road, what do you think?

What else should I order to make everything work well?

Best Regard from France ;-)

cucvmule

collector of stuff
What are the laws pertaining to lifted trucks on the roadway?

While 4 inches is not allot, using aggresive rubber on pavement gives up traction in wet conditions. And do not last on hard surface roads. All terrain tires are a good investment.

SuBZero13

What are the laws pertaining to lifted trucks on the roadway?
The French laws prohibit all transformations, but it is not really applied (fortunately), during the technical control (here every two years) with a rare vehicle (like an M1008 ) the controllers say nothing because they do not know the M1008 lol...

While 4 inches is not allot, using aggresive rubber on pavement gives up traction in wet conditions. And do not last on hard surface roads. All terrain tires are a good investment.
So even on the road it is better to use off-road tires, right?

I apologize if I don't always understand everything well but my English is not perfect ;-)

Thx
Stephane

cucvmule

collector of stuff
What I am saying is that off road tires, aggressive rubber, big lugs have very poor concrete, asphalt traction in wet weather, rain, hydroplaning.

All terrain, all weather tires increase traction on asphalt and concrete on wet roads. But have better off road traction.

Guyfang

Staff member
The French laws prohibit all transformations, but it is not really applied (fortunately), during the technical control (here every two years) with a rare vehicle (like an M1008 ) the controllers say nothing because they do not know the M1008 lol...

So even on the road it is better to use off-road tires, right?

I apologize if I don't always understand everything well but my English is not perfect ;-)

Thx
Stephane
What CUCVMULE is saying is that unless you dive a lot off road, off road tires do not perform as well on wet roads. They tend to hydroplane easier.

Greetings from Germany!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks