• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 No Start Condition Help Request

Thomas_G

I have a M1008 with just over 14,000 miles (Ft. Hood TX). The issue i have is one day it ran fine, next no start, just crank and crank.

Checked following:

1. Confirmed 12 volts going to glow plugs (has been converted to push button)
2. Installed new glow plugs
3. Rebuilt alternators
4. New high torque starter
5. Batteries are new
6. New Coolant Temp Sensor Shorting Solenoid
7. Removed oil fill tube, turned engine over by dampener (15/16 socket) and pump gear turned.
8. New lift pump installed
9. Primed fuel filter
10. Pulled rubber line at lift pump and had fuel in line.

Only thing i am thinking the shut off solenoid maybe bad? i can't remember if you need to hear that click on the I.P when key turned in the "on" position. I needed the starter and alternators rebuilt cause they where original and worn out.

I found a quick and easy way i used to prime the fuel system, I used a Caterpillar 1U-5718 Lube sample pump (bottle attached) and removed the bleed cap and put my finger on the hole while pulling a vaccum, i filled the bottle up with fuel and then installed bleed cap on filter housing instead of draining batteries or wearing starter.

Any ideas?

Assel

do you have Diesel coming out at the injector nozzles? maybe your injection pump sucked air ...then priming the filter is useless.

make sure all your grounds are good & all cables are where they belong to

do you have smoke coming out the exhaust while cranking? if not then you maybe wont have diesel in the chamber to burn

Assel

well if you have diesel at the injectors and the starter spins the engine like it should...maybe aircleaner? how old is that one? if that one is good aswell you might try to prime your whole fuel system again... My cucv needed to be primed 2 times when I changed the fuel filter before it would run again.

rsh4364

My first 1009 did this to me ounce,ran great,next day no start.I removed fuel cap on tank,big vacuum whoosh and it started right up.After that never tightened fuel cap again.

Chaski

Take a few minutes and pull the glow plugs. Once they are out you can turn the engine over easily, and see if the injection system is functional. It should crank over and smell strongly of raw diesel. You should see white puffs of diesel mist coming out of all 8 glow plug holes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks