• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 waterpump experiance anyone?

milestone

WATER PUMP -1008 First off does anyone have experience removing the water pump on a m1008 ('85)? I believe I have everything removed it will not budge. It looks like whoever put this one on used a silicone "like" gasket maker instead of actual paper/cork gaskets. I'm guessing it is a possibility that stuff could be like glue and that is what is holding it on. I have tapped it in various spots and it is not helping. I just do not want to go beating and prying on it and screw something up. Any experience or suggestions would be appreciated.

Has anyone ever had a garage do a water pump replacement on the 6.2 or gotten a price quote? I am curious what the cost parts and labor would be for this job as it is pretty involved. Anyone have a part # for the pump and thermostat? Last question where is my best bet to get the parts? Thanks.....

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have never done one but others have.

The TMs have a step-by-step on how to do the pump. TM 9-2320-289-34, Chapter 3-48, page 3-179

Are you sure you got all the bolts out? Did you also remove the water pump plate? The pump is bolted to the backside of the plate.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, done a few or more. As Joe said, they are bolted to that plate from the back. Unbolt the entire plate, seperate that from the engine and then remove the water pump. The TM is your friend when you can't figure it out!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll move this to the CUCV forum.

Next time, try to post in the correct/appropriate forum.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a teaser of what you can find in the correct manual.

Attachments

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And this.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks