• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Weatherstrip?

M1008driver

I can replace the weatherstrip on my doors, and between the hood and cowl. There is a seam between the cowl and truck frame below the windshield where water looks like it is getting in my cab as it runs off the windshield.

Any ideas? I am thinking black rubber gasket sealer. Would that be a CUCV sin?

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cc/full.aspx?Page=15

(The link provided is for clarification of my question and not intended for advertising or promote a sell in any way) :)

Last edited:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can replace the weatherstrip on my doors, and between the hood and cowl. There is a seam between the cowl and truck frame below the windshield where water looks like it is getting in my cab as it runs off the windshield.

Any ideas? I am thinking black rubber gasket sealer. Would that be a CUCV sin?

LMC Truck Parts - Page 15

(The link provided is for clarification of my question and not intended for advertising or promote a sell in any way) :)

Can you post a photo of the area you're referring to?

48cj2a

You might also pull the cowl and the plastic piece under it, reach down in the cavity on driver and passenger sides and make sure there are not years of debris and stuff built up and plugging the cowl drains on each side. This is also a common problem on GM trucks from 73-87 and 88-91 Subs, Blazers, and Crew Cabs.

bushhawg73

I have mine cowl, plastic screen and hood currently off my M1008. When I began cleaning out the area where the wiper control rods are I found a rats nest along with an adult sweatshirt. Down each side of the body I found tons of leaves and debris. I removed the inside cab air vents and began digging and blowing all kinds of crap out. As far as I can tell there are small passages to allow the water to drain out onto the ground behind the rocker pannels. Once this passage gets clogged I beleived the water gets backed up and enters the cab. This is a bad rot zone as mentioned above. You can also acress to clean out the area by removing the heater blower motor. I also found the heater blower wheel had been chewed up. The rats mush have had a great time.

Last edited:

M1008driver

I just got into the cowl and behind the air vents and it is clean. I think I will try all new rubber for the door first. I see no reason how or why water would be coming from the cowl area.

On a side note, the more I look into my truck, the more I like the simplicity of the truck.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks