• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 won't come to life

sgrmaker

I have replaced the starter solenoid and checked power at starter. The power cable to the starter shows 24v, the wire to the starter motor shows 24v with key on. No action from starter, no clicks, nothing. Used the truck with no problems just two days ago, started it up at least 3 times. Checked batteries with a load tester 1st and both seemed ok. The truck seems to go through the charging cycle, wait light goes out, nothing.

ABN173

Sir:

Is there anyway to check the resistors? or is it obvious that they are no good?

Thanks
Don
Don,

I am no expert, just find it and remove it, if it is the same problem I had it should start without it. If you replace it and it again does not start then I would say that is your problem. It should be a 5 minute process to check it. Mine was pretty much fried just by looking at it.

Dale

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did it start when you test drove it? Did the seller mention any starting problems? I suggest starting there.

Ken_86gt

If I am reading this right, you have 24V going to the starter solenoid when you turn the key? If so and you don't hear anything from the starter you could try hitting the starter with a hammer to jar the solenoid. Sounds like the solenoid isn't working and needs to be replaced. Could be a bad ground between engine and body or from the battery to the body as well?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks