• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 6.2 rear main seal help please!!

Stickpit

I currently have my 1986 M1009 in the shop for amoung other things to replace the rear main seal. The owner of the repair shop just called me and said that they can not find a rear seal that matches my truck. I know that sometimes the mil vs civi is an issue. He stated that NAPA can't cross it over. :shock:

Can anyone supply a part number for a seal that we can use? It is a 6.2 with 400 trans.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Stickpit

Thanks Ken_86gt!!. They where saying that the ones they found where not matching up with the holes. I will tell them to try the Felpro unit.

Warthog, I have been looking through the TM's and could not find it, might have missed it.

Brian

Keith_J

Part numbers are in the -P manuals. IIRC, that would be the -34P manual since rear main seal replacement is not authorized at the unit level. Think of unit level as being wheel bearings, brakes, filters etc. In the -20 TM, there is a chart called the MAC or Maintenance Allocation Chart which shows what level is authorized to perform procedures and repair. And also which -P manual will list part numbers.