• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 A/C from OD Iron

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone installed the OD Iron A/C unit in a 1009 they were driving? I saw the thread of the total rebuild with the A/C install but wondered if anyone had done it in their driver? The reason being, I'm having a heck of a time getting the evaporator unit to fit behind the dash. It doesn't appear there's any way for it to sit above the heater box. I've measured it a half dozen ways and I can't see it fitting. Was hoping someone else had blazed this trail and could help out.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No luck on fit of the evaporator at least. I called Mike at OD Iron and he offered some advice on the installation but I don't see how it can physically fit in the space. It hits the cowl on the right side and the defroster duct on the left side. I'll probably just remove the glove box (leave the door of course) and hang it vertically versus sitting horizontal. Hopefully that won't affect the operation. I'm not looking forward to starting the engine bracket portion either.

On a side note, I think I'm going to put the controls inside that ash tray door so I can close it and they'll be out of sight when not in use.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks