• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 air filter

pinwormfood

guys, i am sure this is an easy one for you guys that know this stuff inside and out, but for a noob....i looked around and couldn't find a thread.

i bought a replacement air filter off the shelf for my 1009. of course the filter was for a 6.2 diesel k5. anyway, my question is, the new filter in the box comes with a white wool type wrap thing that went around the paper filter and metal mesh. do i want to use that wool wrap on my 1009, or does that restrict air flow too much.

thanks in advance for any information fellas!!!

ralbelt

My M1008 has a foam from the military, It helps keep the large debris/bugs out of the paper.

These engines starve for air. If it is a tight wool weave I would leave it off and find a foam one if off roading.

pinwormfood

more air

other than a turbo, is there a way to give them more air? is there some type of air ram that you can make.....
know of any threads on the topic?
thanks for the input. very much appreciated.