• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 alternator question

Wolf.Dose

The alternator are a standard civilian used 100 Amps Generator(not alternator, for it is three phases! Alternator means AC output!). The regulator is some standard stuff which was also used in Germany by Opel. So in the States it should be no problem to get the parts. May be you auto parts shop staff is to lazy to check the older parts numbers. Kick them in the ass!! They can not read paper cathalouges!! Computer kits!
Here in Germany I get the parts on short term!.
If the shop is short with time, I even can replace the parts myself!

CCATLETT1984

Wolf.Dose said:
The alternator are a standard civilian used 100 Amps Generator(not alternator, for it is three phases! Alternator means AC output!). The regulator is some standard stuff which was also used in Germany by Opel. So in the States it should be no problem to get the parts. May be you auto parts shop staff is to lazy to check the older parts numbers. Kick them in the butt!! They can not read paper cathalouges!! Computer kits!
Here in Germany I get the parts on short term!.
If the shop is short with time, I even can replace the parts myself!
NO, they are alternators.

Wikipedia.org said:
Alternators are used in automobiles to charge the battery and to power a car's electric system when its engine is running. Alternators have the great advantage over direct-current generators of not using a commutator, which makes them simpler, lighter, less costly, and more rugged than a DC generator. The stronger construction of automotive alternators allows them to use a smaller pulley so as to turn twice as fast as the engine, improving output when the engine is idling. The availability of low-cost solid-state diodes from about 1960 allowed car manufacturers to substitute alternators for DC generators. Automotive alternators use a set of rectifiers (diode bridge) to convert AC to DC. To provide direct current with low ripple, automotive alternators have a three-phase winding.

Typical passenger vehicle and light truck alternators use Lundell or claw-pole field construction, where the field north and south poles are all energized by a single winding, with the poles looking rather like fingers of two hands interlocked with each other. Larger vehicles may have salient-pole alternators similar to larger machines. The automotive alternator is usually belt driven at 2-3 times the engine crankshaft speed.

Modern automotive alternators have a voltage regulator built into them. The voltage regulator operates by modulating the small field current in order to produce a constant voltage at the stator output. The field current is much smaller than the output current of the alternator; for example, a 70-amp alternator may need only 2 amps of field current.

Wolf.Dose

OK, sorry, I mixed it up. But I'm not a native English speaker! Wir können das auch auf Deutsch machen, da bin ich deutlich besser! Anyway, the regulator is standard stuff!
Wolf

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks