• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 antanni nutserts

REDWOLF

Any ideas on how to stop a nutsert on a m1009 from spinning freely. Trying to mount a antanni base and one of them is spinning, closes to the fiberglass top not a bottom one of course.??????????

coecamo

Nutsert issues like this are old issues on older trucks in a GM heavy truck manual I have the repair procedure is drill a tiny hole in nutsert flange and thru sheet metal then drive in a short piece of tite fitted wire or pin into the hole pinning the nutsert. I have done this before. Once pin is driven in grind protruding portion flush. Gary:)

mistaken1

I was able to hold the nutsert with pliers and run a bolt in it and tighten it until the inside flanges engage the internal brace.

I like the wire idea though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks