• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 ashtray

BobMassive

Hi
Could somebody perhaps post a couple pictures of the ashtray. Specifically the springs and whatever mechanism keeps it closed. Mine wont stay in the up position and cant for the life of me figure out how its done. Hopefully if i can see it i can recreate it.
Thanks

niferous

It's just two springs that keep the ashtray closed. I have tried to find them before but can't find anyone who sells them. I have some in my Suburban and I probably need to take one out and figure out what kind of spring it is. Once you do that it's just a matter of finding them from McMaster Carr, Grainger, MSC, etc.

My M1009 hasn't had the springs since I bought it.

richingalveston

ash tray springs

i have mine out for painting and can post some pics tomorrow if they are needed. it has two springs but will work with one. i have a spare ash tray assembly if someone needs it.

McCluskey

Viceroy butts too! Either old old cigs, or one obtained overseas. I know Viceroy isn't sold very much in the US anymore, but it is in the Middle East.

vanaisa

reviving old post - my ashtray is incomplete, sure enough i need those springs. But are there anything else?
and - where to find those springs?
Ashtray in my 1009 just drops down and i havent find any schematics, how it should work.
Yes, i like to smoke.

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
reviving old post - my ashtray is incomplete, sure enough i need those springs. But are there anything else?
and - where to find those springs?
Ashtray in my 1009 just drops down and i havent find any schematics, how it should work.
Yes, i like to smoke.
So you feel like moving here US for a month with that thing and get it all fixed up?? LOL just kidding....LMC has the 2 springs plus the rubber stoppers that go on the inside for soft opening. Part number 18 and 19.

https://www.lmctruck.com/interior/glove-box/csb-1981-91-dashboard-components

vanaisa

Hehe, this is good idea. Thanks for link. (y) LMC does not even show his web page in our country but i have their .pdf catalog.

Now i see what i need and i am sure i find something, that fits and works there.

CARC686

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hehe, this is good idea. Thanks for link. (y) LMC does not even show his web page in our country but i have their .pdf catalog.

Now i see what i need and i am sure i find something, that fits and works there.
There are free VPN servers you can use to access American websites. Some web browsers have them built in.