• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 body modification

Pzkw88

I don't have a pic of it yet, but my 1985 M1009 has a modification that was done by the Army. There are two notches that were done to the rear of the pass side quarter panel. One is at the top while the other is at the bottom. Looks professional but I was wondering why the Army did this? It appears to be a flush mounting area for an external spare tire frame. If anyone would be familiar with this type of body mod feel free to chime in. The truck is desert tan if that helps.

richingalveston

looks like some kind of swing out tire carrier. I have not seen any that require notches. The ones also have other holes on in the fender where the braces wrap around the corner.

And another plate that screwed on under the tailgate handle where the latch was located.

looks like some kind of swing out carrier.

my best guess