• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 camper project

cowboywitek

well, I've got this idea to turn the back of my m1009 into a sort of camper... and so I have some questions to you experts out there about some stuff and appreciate your help. first I would like to put a mini fridge, microwave, and coffee maker along with a bed, drawers tool box, etc. the way I was thinking of getting power was a power inverter. TheInverterStore.com: Lower Priced Power Inverters I figure 1500 watts would play it safe enough. then hook the inverter to a separate battery just for the appliances, then from the battery run some kind of solar panel on top of the truck to constantly charge the battery, thus always having power 24/7. hopefully thats not confusing, but I guess my question would be could I get a normal car battery to run the power inverter? and what type of solar panel should I get to charge the battery, and where? I again thank anyone that can help.

3dubs

Why not just use the 24V that is already there? When you are driving what is the alternators doing? You already have 24V. Then you can add two deep cycle Optima batteries. I would use the 24V from the truck to charge the Optimas while driving. Go to any RV dealer and they have 24V products. Many RV's are 24V so they are easy to get. I am going to use a M101A2 trailer for a camper that way I can still use my truck. The only thing that would kill your truck batteries is the fridge. I am putting a 24v trickle charger on the trailer. While I will still get an inverter for some things I will have that in the truck. Start with the RV products they are made smaller and to be in a moving vehicle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks