• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 clevis

edpdx

I have some clevis rings that came on my truck; but the hace offest eyes that are not inline with the "ring". Since I am fabbing up a swing out tire carrier, I need the original type clevis rings. The ones I have can't rotate freely.

anyone have a set to sell (2)? Maybe you can point me in the direction of a good source- used ones are, of course, alright too.

Thanks,

EdPDX

WARWAG

I have some clevis rings that came on my truck; but the hace offest eyes that are not inline with the "ring". Since I am fabbing up a swing out tire carrier, I need the original type clevis rings. The ones I have can't rotate freely.

anyone have a set to sell (2)? Maybe you can point me in the direction of a good source- used ones are, of course, alright too.

Thanks,

EdPDX

I believe the standard 7/8 shackle will work fine. I believe its the same thing. Any farmers supply or 4x4 shop should have them. Online for sure.

:beer:

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What part of your truck came with clevis pins? The only clevis pins I've seen DO NOT rotate freely.

For example, my medium tow bar has several clevis pins and NONE of them rotate freely. The ability to have them fold over and stay in place is a positive. The pins holding the lift shackle in place are 1" pins.

I use cotter pins to hold the lift shackle pins on to the truck. I even use one on the pintle hook to hold the locking part down.

91W350

The ones on my M1009 rotate freely, they are all the time banging off of the back bumper on rough bounces. My M1008 is not as bad, but I think that is due to the extra coats of paint that they have.

edpdx

91W350,

Mine were clanking around on my M1008; but I added a couple of wave washers and they don't bounce around like they used too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks