• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 column shifter? part number?

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need to find a column shifter mine has rust on it and I want to replace it. I tryed google looked on 5 diffent auto parts websites and also ebay no luck.. also searched the fourms I can clean the rust off but the rust has left rust pits on the metal.

I might be wrong but i dont think you can get those new yet at least i didnt see it listed for 81-87 in lmc. I only saw up to 1980 i would assume the m1008 had the same kind of shifter as the blazer so i looked in the Chevy Gmc Catalog and didnt see it if you have an lmc catalog look on page 136 in the truck one maybe i missed something.

Btw You should be able to take one of a civiy column most are in better shape anyways, Good luck :] or just swap out your whole column which is what i did i have a 91 chevy suburban tilt column in mine now looks good nice feel with the newer steering wheel also.

Last edited: