• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009: compensation to help teach me how to repair Electrical, and some mechanical

tristan1775

I live out in the Brookshire area, and recently bought an '85 1009. it has a few "issues" high beams are always on... i think the injector pump may need to be resealed/ replaced. I just need help taking a good through look through it (when I enlisted these weren't around) and I would like to add off-road driving lights if possible. Like my title says, I am willing to pay someone to help repair my rig, and teach me along the way. I appreciate your time in reading.

markg

Im in the austin area, about 3 hours from you. if you could get the truck up here im happy to take a look. thanks. welcome. mark

richingalveston

I am in the Texas City, College Station, and East of Dallas Texas area, I just don't know when I am going to be in which of the locations. If you can make it down I-45 to exit 17 when I am going to be there. I could show you what you need to know about your truck.

Can you drive the truck, have a trailer for it, or does it have to be worked on where it sits?

Welcome to the site,
Are you looking for someone to come fix the truck and tell you about it or do you want someone to tell you how to fix it yourself.
Tons of people on this site willing to lend a hand to someone who is handy.
Many here willing to help someone who is needy.
Not many here willing to help someone who is lazy.
Almost zero here who are cheap mobile mechanics.

If you are Handy and our schedules coincide, then I would be glad to lend a hand informing and helping you diagnose your truck. In a couple of hours you can learn just about all you need to know about how to go about fixing what you can and finding competent mechanics for those things that are beyond your ability.

I am not a mechanic nor will I charge for my help but my schedule is very busy and I have a 1009 that I am trying to finish. I am like most of the members here would rather work on my own project than yours, my time and muscle is very limited but here on this site knowledge and advise is endless.

Good luck with your new 1009 they are great vehicles.
Add some pics to your post, start your own repair thread. Don't be afraid to ask questions but be ready to use the TM's.
Rich