• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 CUCV Front drive shaft repair

jimm1009

I removed my front drive shaft for ease of tranny removal for rebuild.
The universal joint and CVC joint on my driveshaft are probably original
and the needle bearings are dry.
Questions is has anyone else replaced the rear joints on their front driveshaft and if so where did you purchase them?
I can press mine out but simply need a source for the joints.
The front universal will come from O'reilly's as they have a life time warrenty
on their joints.
jimm1009

jimm1009

I've used their services to balance my rear shaft but that is not what I'm looking for. They only sell parts that they install and I am wanting to do the work myself which is why I asked for a reference for parts.

Regards,
jimm1009

bushhawg73

I found a link to spicers web site with part numbers.
http://www2.dana.com/expertforms/dek350.aspx
They may help with your search. I have ordered spicer joints from Offroad distributors and received good service. I have bought them from many parts places such as Florida powertrain. www.floridapowertrain.com

I recently asked a salesperson at Florida powertrain about relpacing the same joints and they suggested that I bring the driveshaft to them because of the special 2 ujoint coupler. I looked at the area and still have not made up my mind what to do. I will be following your progress should you decide to post it. I have a press and believe I can do it myself but the coupler appears to present it's own special problems. I hope this helps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks